Q Academy is the only training facility on Vancouver Island that offers face to face CompTIA A+ instruction. With the release of the CompTIA A+ Foundations Training 900 series exams, Q Academy brings the latest CompTIA A+ Integrated Learning Courseware developed with the highest standard to ensure every student meets the objectives of the relevant CompTIA certification exam.
CompTIA A+ is a professional certification helping students to gain technical skills in preventative maintenance, basic networking, installation, troubleshooting, communications, and IT Professionalism. CompTIA A+ certification is vendor-neutral and well-recognized in the industry. This certification covers the specific tasks and knowledge required for entry-level IT jobs.
In this course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems.
- Identify the hardware components of personal computers and mobile digital devices.
- Identify the basic components and functions of operating systems.
- Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- Identify the operational procedures that should be followed by professional PC technicians.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display devices.
- Install and configure peripheral components.
- Manage system components.
- Manage data storage.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows.
- Optimize and maintain Microsoft Windows
- Work with other operating systems.
- Identify the hardware and software requirements for client environment configurations.
- Identify network technologies.
- Install and configure networking capabilities.
- Support mobile digital devices.
- Support printers and multifunction devices.
- Identify security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- Implement security controls.
- Troubleshoot system-wide issues
We are located at 771 Vernon Avenue in beautiful Victoria, BC. We have ample free parking and are located just a stone’s throw away from Starbucks, Yoshi Sushi, and the second location of Big Wheel Burger. If none of those options appeal to your taste buds, Whole Foods and Tim Horton’s are just across the street.
At Q Academy we offer complimentary Keurig coffee and tea; as well fresh fruit, baked products and frozen treats in the summer. Our candy bowl is always well stocked to keep our students mind’s fueled.
Contact email@example.com for more information or call 778-678-0758