Learn to Code at Q Academy
WordPress Training in British Columbia
Our seasoned industry professionals provide basic and advanced WordPress training in Victoria and Vancouver, BC to help you take advantage of your website or to pursue a career as a web developer.
WordPress is the world’s most popular content management system with over 9 million websites that run on the platform encompassing 24% of the worldwide web. Some of the most prestigious brands trust WordPress including Time Magazine, Google, Facebook, Sony, Disney, LinkedIn, The New York Times, CNN and eBay.
The versatile and intuitive CMS is ideal for both small businesses because of the easy maintenance and dynamic theme choices but can also be appropriate for enterprises agencies that need custom functionality implemented through the creation of custom plugins.
Your personalized WordPress training is customized based on your goal. Are you looking to gain the skills to become a freelance WordPress developer? Are you a business owner with a WordPress website you don’t know how to use?
Our instructors will help you accelerate your learning by navigating you through some of WordPress’s robust features including the top 10 plugins every website should utilize, coding language (PHP, HTML and CSS), Woocommerce, and Yoast for SEO.
The aim of the course is to provide students with the most necessary skills to have a functioning WordPress website with a focus on being able to plan, create, maintain, extend and update a “self-hosted” WordPress site.
Our courses are designed to be modular and immersive, custom-catered to your goals and technical aptitude. Some of the modules of our WordPress training include:
- Set up and log into a WordPress install.
- Create, insert and/or format different types of content (text, images, video, pdfs).
- Control the look and functionality of the site by working with themes, plugins and widgets.
- Implement Woocommerce to create an e-commerce site.
- Update and enhance pre-chosen themes with HTML and CSS
- Flexible start dates. Training can be taken during regular office hours, evenings or weekends
- Training sessions are a minimum of 3 hour sessions
- You can follow pre-set curriculum or can customize your training to suit your personal goals