Freelance Photography Module Training
Our photography training is broken down into modules designed for beginners and seasoned photographers. A beginner is able to choose from any of the eight modules, which will leave you understanding how to create beautiful, profitable images. Or a seasoned photographer is able to pick and choose the modules they may need in order to brush up on their skills. Each student will will spend intensive time in a small class size with our supportive teacher.
Our teacher, Leanna Rathkelly, is a practicing industry professional who will teach you contemporary photography styles along with classic techniques. Her experience and depth of knowledge will help take your photography skills to the next level.
A sample of content covered in the Modules:
Using your Camera:
- Understanding how your camera works so you can create exciting images
- Exposure – using the trifecta of ISO, aperture and shutter speed to get the photo you imagine.
- Composition – the Rule of Thirds is king!
- Lighting – creating interesting light with flash, reflectors, natural surfaces and strobes.
- File choice – and can I cook a RAW image?
Go with the flow: Creating an efficient workflow using Adobe’s Creative Cloud suite:
- Adobe Lightroom
Practicing your workflow, Ohm….:
- Processing the shoot using Lightroom and Photoshop
- Adding Metadata, retouching techniques, colour calibration and profiles, printing the image.
- Storing and delivering your completed digital mages
Creating your future using the Best Business Practices:
- Licensing your photos – who needs this photo?
- Creating Release Agreements – why should I get a model release?
- Developing a social media program – should I use Instagram? Or Facebook? Or both?
- Marketing your Photography business – should I blog, text, email or phone?
- Building a Network – and a bridge to success!
- Launching a Photography Business – you’re a superstar